Many of our 15-credit postgraduate modules may be studied to support your professional development.
You need have no particular qualification to study in this way which can also provide an entry point for study towards one of our award-bearing courses at Certificate, Diploma or MSc level.
This may be the most suitable route of study for you if you are an experienced professional without a higher qualification seeking to enhance your career prospects.
Study at Loughborough
- Data Collection, Analysis and Research (Formerly Research Skills)
- Environmental Assessment
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Management of Water and Sanitation
- Small-scale Water Supply and Sanitation
- Solid Waste Management
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water and Environmental Sanitation
- Water and Waste Engineering Principles
- Water Distribution and Drainage Systems
- Water Source Development
- Water Utilities Management
Study by Distance Learning
- Data Collection, Analysis and Research (DL)
- Emergencies, Management and People (DL)
- Emergency Sanitation (DL)
- Emergency Water Supply (DL)
- Environmental Assessment (DL)
- Integrated Water Resources Management (DL)
- Introduction to Infrastructure in Emergencies (DL)
- Low-Cost Sanitation (DL)
- Management of Water and Sanitation (DL)
- Solid Waste Management (DL)
- Urban Infrastructure (DL)
- Wastewater Treatment (DL)
- Water and Environmental Sanitation (DL)
- Water for Low-Income Communities (DL)
- Water Utilities Management (DL)
Download the distance learning module booking form from the Professional Development link on the Module booking forms page. Some modules start in January and others in July each year.
The right course for your staff: tailor-made courses for groups
Improving the coverage and sustainability of water supply and sanitation services requires high calibre technical and professional people. Improving the knowledge and skills of existing staff increases the capacity of the whole organisation to deliver corporate goals more effectively and efficiently.
Improving the skills of individuals also increases self-motivation and opens career pathways. Organisations that invest in the development of their human resources attract and retain better people, reducing administration and recurrent recruitment costs.
For these reasons, we have always adopted a flexible approach to the design of our in-country courses and see their design as a collaborative process. With you, we focus on solutions for your staff, helping to provide evidence-based answers to important questions about what to do and how to do it. Some of our training leads to internationally recognised qualifications whilst other are designed to provide career development pathways or improvements in specific knowledge and skills.
- Attend a WEDC short course locally
- Put your learning into practice
- Develop your skills cost-effectively
- Bring international best practice to your organisation
- Participate in the design of your course
For tailor-made courses for the staff of your organisation, please send an email requesting more details.
See also more information on Capacity Development.