Loughborough University Distinguished Alumni
On 6 July 2011 we were very proud to witness Loughborough University present the first five Distinguished Alumni awards to WEDC alumni, in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the water, sanitation and hygiene sector.
Awarded Summer 2011
- Sottie Bomukama: MSc – Water and Waste Engineering, Class of 1983
Instrumental in the reform and subsequent transformation of the water sector of Uganda
- Dermot Carty: MSc – Water and Environmental Management, Class of 1990
Outstanding contribution to the survival and development of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable children and families
- The Honourable Hamad Masoud Hamad:
MSc – Water and Waste Engineering, Class of 1984
Outstanding commitment and achievement in engineering and infrastructure
- Melvin Tebbutt: MSc – Water and Waste Engineering, Class of 1995
Outstanding practical contribution and commitment to humanitarian relief
- Quratul-Ain Bakhteari: PhD – Geography, Class of 1987
Vision and dedication to multi-cultural peace and development through support to those most vulnerable and disadvantaged in society
Click here to find out more about their achievements.